Essay Writing Competition on “How to preserve and promote the cultural traditions of Assam”
Assam is a land having a rich cultural identity of its own. The Assamese culture has been shaped as a result of cultural assimilation of various ethnic and cultural groups, ...
Assam is a land having a rich cultural identity of its own. The Assamese culture has been shaped as a result of cultural assimilation of various ethnic and cultural groups, spanning over a period of 2000 years. Each ethno-cultural system and sub-system have their own distinct identity which are reflected in the form of language, traditional crafts, folklore, festivals, performing arts, cuisine, literature etc.
But, due to the impact of globalisation, proliferation of media and improved communication process, cultures are being rapidly influenced by other popular cultures ultimately resulting in dilution of uniqueness of the same. This phenomenon is not only being considered as invasion but has also given rise to the fear of distinction of our traditional culture in certain parts of our society.
In its mission to nurture and protect the rich cultural tradition of the state, the Government is coming up with new endeavours every day. The Department of Cultural Affairs has been working relentlessly with the mandate to preserve and promote the living culture of the ethnic, indigenous tribes and communities of the state and also to generate employment in this area along with generating cultural awareness among the people in general globally. It also lays emphasis on creating favourable environment for cultural exchanges at both the national and international level.
To add impetus in to these endeavour, the Government of Assam organises essay (Within 1000 words) writing competition through ‘MyGov Assam’ on “How to preserve and promote the cultural traditions of Assam” for citizens of the state.
The winners of this contest will be awarded a certificate signed by the Chief Minister, Assam.
Last date of submission is 17th June, 2017.
Terms and Conditions
• The theme of the essay should be “Preserve and Promote the Cultural Traditions of Assam”
• The essay should not exceed 1000 words
• Essays submitted should be in English, Assamese, Bengali, Bodo and Hindi Language only
• The essay should be submitted in the form of a PDF file, with size less than 10MB
• A participant can send only one entry. In case it is found that any participant has submitted more than one entry, all will be considered invalid.
• The entry should be original. Copied entries will not be considered under the contest.
• The participant must be the same person who has written the essay and plagiarism would not be allowed.
(Disclaimer: All efforts will be made by the Selection Committee to check for originality of the submissions, however, Assam MyGov portal will not be held accountable for any submission identified as a copy.)